BayTrust offers two scholarships, the Dillon Scholarship and the BayTrust Bruce Cronin Scholarship, please see below for more information.
Applications for the Dillon Scholarship open in October each year.
If you have any questions please call or email Yvonne on 07 578 6546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Dillon Scholarship, follow the link below:
4 Quick Facts About The Dillon Scholarship
The scholarship provides financial assistance to people who have significant disabilities and who will be undertaking tertiary education
The scholars may receive up to $5,000 per annum for 4 years full-time study
Applications are open only between October and December
BayTrust operates and funds the Dillon Scholarship
Are You Eligible to Apply For The Dillon Scholarship?
- Yes, if you have a significant disability
- Yes, if you are planning to go to University or Polytechnic (or another New Zealand based institution recognised by NZQA, or equivalent)
- Yes, if you are already going to University or Polytechnic (or another New Zealand based institution recognised by NZQA, or equivalent)
- Yes, if your home base is within the Bay of Plenty area
What Else You Need to Know About The Dillon Scholarship
- Applications should be made in the year prior to the year of study.
- The amount of the Scholarship is at the discretion of the Trust, up to $5,000 per annum for 4 years full-time study. Part-time students may be given a Scholarship for up to 5 years.
- Scholarship funds will be released to successful applications on receipt of all required documents and proof of registration at the tertiary institution of their choice.
- There is no age limit for applicants.
- All applications will be assessed by the Scholarship Committee.
- The Trustees’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
BayTrust will award the scholarship once a year to support a masters or doctoral student carrying out research in mathematics, science or information technology that will benefit the region. The student must have ties to the geographical area that BayTrust covers. The scholarship shall be administered by the Universities NZ scholarships committee with a Trustee of Bay Trust involved in the final decision. For more information contact the University you are studying at.
The $5,000 BayTrust Bruce Cronin Scholarship is named after long-time Trust Manager Bruce Cronin in recognition of his service to the people of the Bay of Plenty.