28 January 2021
We’re on the lookout for someone to be our new Community Investment and Iwi Relationship Co-ordinator.
This is a newly created role and has been designed to provide a broad range of support to the senior Trust staff whilst providing the successful candidate with experience across the full ambit of BayTrust operations and will be a great career springboard for someone who has a passion for their communities and the environment.
Reporting and working closely with the Trusts senior management team, key elements of the role include supporting the Trust in the following areas;
• Assisting with the development of the Trust’s Tū Māori Mai strategies including liaising and co-ordination with iwi across the BOP
• Assisting with the development of the Trust’s Youth engagement strategies and approaches
• Granting functions including due-diligence, co-ordination, checking and approving of audit and accountability reports
• Assisting with investments, financial and other impact assessments
• Assisting with research and evaluation requirements
• Communications including social media strategy and website optimisation
The successful applicant will ideally have 1-2 years of relevant experience post-tertiary qualification, be a recent graduate or nearly have completed their qualifications and be ready to step into a role that offers development across a broad range of portfolios within the organisation.
You’ll be career and community orientated, and model the Trusts values in everything that you do - including being a climate responsible (Tiakina te ao turoa) organisation and working with Māori in a way that is consistent with the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi; partnership, protection and participation.
Key attributes include having a strong bent towards organisational and commercial performance, with the ability to provide robust compliance and informative and insightful reporting. You’ll need to have excellent analytical skills, strong communication and knowledge of Te ao Māori.
Relationship management skills are key within this role, you’ll need to be able to work with a broad range of people and organisations being both culturally engaged and environmentally responsible.
While most suited to a full-time role, we are open to the successful candidate working a minimum of 24 hours per week. BayTrust also offers flexible work practices and the ability to work from home and a four-day flexi week (if full time) after an appropriate induction into the role.
For more info please follow the link below: